If you are planning to get yourself a Border collie puppy, there is one thing you need to note. Unlike many other breed of puppies, border collies are more active and much smarter. You can tell how brilliant these puppies are by just looking in their eyes that have stare you do not see in many other puppies.
The Border collie puppy also uses this stare to intimidate especially during the herding seasons. Besides the stare, border collies are also very agile and they have great endurance and balance. A border collie belongs to the working breed of dogs and is a cross between the old roman dogs and the agile dogs used by the Vikings during the infamous raids.
The puppies grow up fast and gain weight just as fast. They have a life span of about 17 years of active working life. Being an active breed, the Border collie puppy needs diets that are nutritious enough to take care of all their nutritional needs and good growth. Not every dog meal in the market would suit the needs of these highly active breeds of puppies, as they require foods that contain more nutrients and more energy.
We did a review of the BEST FOOD FOR BORDER COLLIE PUPPY in the market and came up with the following three.
Our Choice of the Best Food for Border Collie Puppy
Canine Caviar Open Sky Grain Free Limited Ingredient Dog Food
- Single protein carbohydrate diet of fresh meat
- Contains no preservatives, gluten, GMO, BHT, BHA, ethoxyquin or by-products
- Contains probiotics and prebiotics for proper intestinal health
- Contains high quality proteins for energy
- High quality carbohydrates for endurance and muscle building
- A good balance of nutritious ingredients for organ bones and teeth development
- Contains a formulation that helps to maintain the health of liver, heart and kidneys
- Easily digestible
- Packaging too hard
Dogs are in the class as the wolves and this highly nutritious diet mimics the ingredients a wolf would feed o in the wild. The diet also takes into consideration the fact that dogs have a short digestive tract and a digestive system that cannot handle multiple carbs and proteins in one meal. It is for this reason that this diet has limited ingredients to avoid stressing the digestive system.
Having fewer ingredients also helps to strengthen the immune system of the dog. The main ingredient in the diet is DEHYDRATED CHICKEN coupled with other notable ingredients such as chicken fat, split peas, papaya vitamin supplements, folic acid and coconut oil among many others. The diet is gluten free and contains no preservatives or additives. It is hypoallergenic and all the ingredients are natural.
Merrick Grain Free Puppy Dry Dog Food Recipes
- Contains a rich blend of ingredients
- Grain free
- Contains no flavors, preservatives or additives
- Comes with added DHA that supports the dogs healthy brain development
- Has a quality formulation that supports the puppy’s healthy digestive system and immune system
- Uses locally sources natural ingredients from farmers and made in Merricks Texas facility
- Large kibble sizes
Merrick is one of the most popular manufacturers of quality dig food. The company makes all the recipes from their facility using natural ingredients sourced from the farmers. This particular diet is great for growing Border collie puppies as it contains everything they need for their active life and growth. The main ingredient in the diet is REAL DEBONED CHICKEN that is high in proteins.
The quality grain free recipe also contains a mixture of other quality ingredients of fruits and vegetables that add to the nutritious value of the recipe. The diet also contains sweet potato, peas and potato that add to the taste and flavor of the food. Another notable ingredient in the food recipe is DHA that supports the puppy’s brain development. The meal is delicious and majority of the puppies just love it.
Hill’s Science Diet Puppy
- Formulated for large breed puppies
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Contains high content of calcium, supply for health puppy bone growth
- Chicken meal and oats are the main ingredients
- Contains chondroitin an glucosamine for healthy joint development
- Easily digestible
- Contains no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Contains antioxidants and vitamins c and e for supporting a strong immune system
- Vet recommended
- Great reviews from customers
- Some customers claimed that the change in some ingredients in the new hill science recipes caused some stomach upsets on their puppies
- Compared to other similar products, this diet is slightly more expensive
For Border collie puppy owners with large breed puppies, Hill Science has the best solution for the puppy’s diet. This CHICKEN and BARLEY recipe is highly nutritious and the best diet for fast growing puppies. The diet contains a high content of calcium that helps to control the puppy’s bone growth.
For the joints and cartridges, the diet contains glucosamine and chondroitin that helps to ensure that they are healthy and fit or the puppy’s active life. The diet also contains a rich blend of antioxidants, vitamin c and e that help to keep the immune system strong. The ingredients in the diet help to ensure that the puppies can stay healthy and keep up with their active life always.
All the ingredients in the diet are natural with no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors or additives. The high protein chicken meal and other ingredients help the puppy to maintain its muscles while the fish oil contains DHA that helps with the brain and eye development of the puppy.
Wrapping it up
Whether your Border collie puppy is a family pet or growing to be a working dog, you need to feed it with the most nutritious diet because of its active nature. The nutritious elements in the recipes help the puppies to build their muscles, joints, bones, and immune system to allow them to grow up energetic and bright. The above diets are all great for your growing puppy as they contained balanced nutritious all natural ingredients.