A well-balanced nutrition is critical for all dogs, but it is especially essential for energetic breeds like pitbull. The Pitbulls are naturally muscular and therefore require a diet that is high in protein and fat and lacks additional filters.
If your pitbull is having a problem gaining weight, then its time to consider a more energy-packed diet. The ideal food for your bully should contain a specific ratio of nutrients to maintain energy, gain muscles, and achieve optimum weight.
Here we review 3 top dog food for Pitbulls that will help your bully gain weight and maintain it all year round. It is essential to consult with a vet or a professional canine specialist so that you can understand the reason why your bully is finding it hard to gain lean muscles. Read through to choose a dog food that will suit your canine’s unique needs.
- 1 Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Dog Food Original Turkey and Chicken
- 2 Purina Pro Plan Sport Formula Dry Dog
- 3 Earthborn Holistic Plains by Earthborn Holistic
- 4 Conclusion
Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Dog Food Original Turkey and Chicken
WellPet LLC manufactures this pet food. This pet food company has its headquarters in Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Wellness Core is grain-free dog food made using 100% natural ingredients from the USA. The dog food is available in different formulas to meet your dog’s specific fitness needs.
The turkey and chicken formula is a premium dog food that will offer your pitbull the energy he needs to develop lean muscles.
This dog food is grain-free and balanced with proteins and real vegetables. It also has no wheat or corn, which are known to trigger allergies in dogs. As the name of the food suggests, it has turkey and chicken, which are excellent sources of proteins. Proteins are essential in that they help your dog to grow. In addition to this, real vegetables help to improve the dog’s immunity as they are packed with vitamins.
- It is completely natural.
- Contains high-quality ingredients sourced primarily from the USA
- Has an adequate amount of protein, which is essential in the building of a block of bones and repairing damaged tissue.
- Some dog owners have reported severe gastric reactions on their dogs after eating this food
Purina Pro Plan Sport Formula Dry Dog
This product is manufactured by Nestle-Purina. The company’s headquarter at St. Louis, Missouri
AFFCO has approved this premium dog food as a superior feed that provides holistic nourishment for all life stages.
Pro plan Sport is formulated to enhance performance and endurance during strenuous exercise. With 30% proteins and 20% fats, this dog food provides concentrated nutrition for optimal oxygen metabolism.
Also, the formula is fortified with Amino Acids, glucosamine and omega 3 fatty acids that will nourish your pup’s muscles during exercises. These essential elements will enhance joint health and quick recovery after sporting activities.
- The antioxidants present in the dog food help in maintaining the dog’s health as they strengthen its immune system.
- It is particularly beneficial for active dogs as it contains the necessary nutrients that help the dog to perform vigorous activities.
- It promotes muscle formation.
- The presence of too many ingredients may lead to an allergic reaction.
- Grains, by-products, and gluten not suitable in a premium-priced dog food
Earthborn Holistic Plains by Earthborn Holistic
It is manufactured in the USA by Earthborn Holistic.
With lean red meat bison as its first ingredient, it is rich in proteins that help the dog in muscle formation.
In addition to this, it contains taurine, an amino acid that is essential for dogs’ formation. The taurine helps in the building of proteins and the synthesis of hormones.
It is also grain-free with no preservatives. Another vital ingredient in this dog food is carnitine, which is an ammonium compound that improves metabolism.
- Promotes skin health
- Great for bodybuilding as it is rich in proteins
- Fewer ingredients, therefore, reduced risk of allergies
- It contains amino acids that facilitate better metabolism.
- The texture of this dog food is an issue with some buyers complaining of crumbliness in the kibble.
- The new bags don’t seal well, making the food lose its freshness.
Dogs, just like human beings, require a proper diet to maintain their health as well as facilitate proper muscle formation. It is safe to conclude that one of the key ingredients in most dog foods is proteins. This is because proteins help in building the dog’s muscles.
Moreover, proteins help to repair damaged tissue, which is good as Pitbulls may end up with bruises from running around.
The best dog food for your bully to gain weight mentioned above are rich in proteins as well as essential amino acids and vitamins, which help in the dog’s wellness. These foods will mainly be beneficial for the pit bull’s formation as they generally are average-sized dogs that are also active.